This post will stay at the top of this page. Newer posts will appear below this post.
Our shipping container house / art house in Panama is for sale.
Here are some details about this house and this area of Panama’:
- Lot size = 1,600 square meters (.4 of an acre)
- House size =
- Inside Living Space – 2,996 square feet / 278.33 square meters
- Additional Covered Space (outside workshops, bathroom, storage deposito) – 609 square feet / 56.58 square meters
- Outside Under Roof – 1,360 square feet / 126 square meters
- Two large bedrooms with full bathrooms
- Interior laundry area with washer/dryer/sink
- Two, half-bathrooms
- One outside toilet/shower
- Two-car carport / bohio with tile floor
- Tastefully furnished (some personal items not included)
- Mature landscaping
- Lots of light
- Lots of birds (and our front windows are protected to avoid bird strikes)
- Good, quiet neighbors, some are working-class, some are business people who live in the city but come here on weekends
- Our house is just three kilometers outside of El Valle (El Valle de Anton), a pueblo with restaurants, two banks, two gas stations, a zoo, a frog sanctuary, a large rain-forest waterfall and zip-line tour, numerous hotels and hostels, orchid center, butterfly haven, public library, large public market, grocery and hardware stores
- El Valle is on the floor of a volcanic crater. Our house is on the rim where it is cooler, quieter (there is a lot of weekend music in the pueblo), and less congested than down in town
- 40-minutes from the beaches and the town of Coronado where you can buy most anything that you need
- Price = $498,000 USD
- See a seven-minute video of the exterior of the house in my post, EXTERIOR VIDEO!
- See 93 photos in my post, PHOTOS!
I am not sure where I will go with this blog in the future. Most likely, it will become dormant. In the States, a soap opera will go on for years. Generations even. But in Latin America, the soaps have a limited duration like a book or a movie without a sequel. I suspect my blog will be the later.
I would like to leave this blog up as so many people seem to have enjoyed it. Perhaps it will be like a book up on the shelf, ready to be pulled down and perused by someone who stumbles across it. However, it might all be up to the new owner of the house; perhaps they will want it or perhaps they will want their privacy more and I will be called to take it down. If I make a new blog, I’ll put a link to it here if this blog still exists.
I want to thank each and every visitor, both to my blog and those who made their way to visit us to see it in person. I have very much enjoyed these mostly-Sunday sessions where I cull through photos, tweak them, and write about the past week-or-two. Thanks to Cynthia who, after I have proofed my writing four- or five-times, has proofed it again. Special thanks to subscribers and those of you who have left your comments. I have
That’s all for now. Thanks for stopping by. Fred